How to get last record of database table in Laravel?By Hardik Savani | July 14, 2016 | | 2658 Viewer | Category : Laravel
Share this post:
Sometimes we may require to get only last record of table in our project, we can get several way. We can fetch last record of database table using latest() or orderBy(). In bellow example you can see how i get then last record of table.
I have "items" table and i want to get last record of "items" table. In first example i use latest() with first() because latest() will fetch only latest record according to created_at then first() will get only single record:
Using latest() belong to created_at field:
$last = DB::table('items')->latest()->first();
Now, In this example i used orderBy() that belong to id, it will always return max id record:
Using orderBy() belong to id field:
$last2 = DB::table('items')->orderBy('id', 'DESC')->first();
In this example latest() with argument, latest() will take created_at by default, if you want to give id then you can give argument as field name.
Using latest() belong to id field:
$last3 = DB::table('items')->latest('id')->first();
But If you want to get last inserted id then you have to follow this link :
- How to increment or decrement a column value in laravel?
- How to use bootstrap colorpicker example code
- How to get logged in user data in Laravel 5?
- Simple Example of Bootstrap Lightbox Plugin with demo
- Order by using multiple columns and manually array field in Laravel?
- Mediafire PHP file uploading and get link example
- PHP - Capture screenshot of website from URL example
- How to Uninstall a Package in Laravel 5 Using Composer Command?