How to get last record of database table in Laravel?By Hardik Savani | July 14, 2016 | | 30713 Viewer | Category : Laravel
Sometimes we may require to get only last record of table in our project, we can get several way. We can fetch last record of database table using latest() or orderBy(). In bellow example you can see how i get then last record of table.
I have "items" table and i want to get last record of "items" table. In first example i use latest() with first() because latest() will fetch only latest record according to created_at then first() will get only single record:
Using latest() belong to created_at field:
$last = DB::table('items')->latest()->first();
Now, In this example i used orderBy() that belong to id, it will always return max id record:
Using orderBy() belong to id field:
$last2 = DB::table('items')->orderBy('id', 'DESC')->first();
In this example latest() with argument, latest() will take created_at by default, if you want to give id then you can give argument as field name.
Using latest() belong to id field:
$last3 = DB::table('items')->latest('id')->first();
But If you want to get last inserted id then you have to follow this link :
- Laravel 5 generate sitemap using roumen/sitemap package Example
- Laravel 5 dropbox api file upload example using league/flysystem-dropbox package
- How to check uploaded file is empty or not in Laravel 5.3?
- How to stop setinterval() after sometimes in jquery?
- How to set git config username and email?
- Laravel 5 - create quick backend admin panel tutorial
- Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
- Jquery tooltip example code with demo using Jquery UI