How to get last inserted id in laravel 5?By Hardik Savani | February 6, 2016 | | 5947 Viewer | Category : Laravel
Share this post:
Its very common need to get last insert id in programming field, if you are working on laravel framework and you want to fetch last created id, i mean max id, then you do easily.laravel provide method to get last inserted id.
If you are working with DB::table() then you have to use insertGetId() for insert data into database. this function always return inserted record id(primary key).it is very simple way to get id, in following example you can see and undestand more:
public function getLastInsertedIdDB()
$id = DB::table('items')->insertGetId(['name'=>'hello']);
But, if you are insert record using laravel Model then it is pretty simple to get without using any special function like insertGetId(), in following example you can see and how to use i create method.
public function getLastInsertedIdModel()
$create = Item::create(['name'=>'hello']);
- How to create laravel 5 widgets ?
- Laravel 5 Redirect to URL using redirect() helper
- PHP - How to convert HTML file to PDF using Dompdf library?
- Simple Add remove input fields dynamically using jquery with Bootstrap
- How to send mail using Sendgrid in laravel 5?
- Laravel 5.3 - import export csv and excel file into database
- PHP download file from url using curl example
- How to check file size when select multiple file validation using Jquery?