How to get last inserted id in laravel 5?By Hardik Savani | February 6, 2016 | | 8549 Viewer | Category : Laravel
Share this post:
Its very common need to get last insert id in programming field, if you are working on laravel framework and you want to fetch last created id, i mean max id, then you do easily.laravel provide method to get last inserted id.
If you are working with DB::table() then you have to use insertGetId() for insert data into database. this function always return inserted record id(primary key).it is very simple way to get id, in following example you can see and undestand more:
public function getLastInsertedIdDB()
$id = DB::table('items')->insertGetId(['name'=>'hello']);
But, if you are insert record using laravel Model then it is pretty simple to get without using any special function like insertGetId(), in following example you can see and how to use i create method.
public function getLastInsertedIdModel()
$create = Item::create(['name'=>'hello']);
- PHP - Capture screenshot of website from URL example
- Laravel 5 - generate PDF from html view file and download using dompdf
- How to generate random unique string in Laravel 5?
- Laravel 5 - Dynamic Dependant Select Box using JQuery Ajax Example - Part 1
- Jquery - Timepicker with AM PM Example code with demo using jQuery Timepicker Plugin
- How to get size of directory in MB Laravel 5?
- Laravel 5 create custom artisan command with example
- How to check if file exists or not in Laravel 5?