How to get last inserted id in laravel 5?By Hardik Savani | February 6, 2016 | | 39434 Viewer | Category : Laravel
Its very common need to get last insert id in programming field, if you are working on laravel framework and you want to fetch last created id, i mean max id, then you do easily.laravel provide method to get last inserted id.
If you are working with DB::table() then you have to use insertGetId() for insert data into database. this function always return inserted record id(primary key).it is very simple way to get id, in following example you can see and undestand more:
public function getLastInsertedIdDB()
$id = DB::table('items')->insertGetId(['name'=>'hello']);
But, if you are insert record using laravel Model then it is pretty simple to get without using any special function like insertGetId(), in following example you can see and how to use i create method.
public function getLastInsertedIdModel()
$create = Item::create(['name'=>'hello']);
- How to use collapse example in Bootstrap?
- How to create and use Middleware in Laravel 5?
- Laravel 5.3 Image Upload with Validation example
- How to get last record of database table in Laravel?
- How to remove special characters by mysql custom function.
- Please provide a valid cache path. laravel error fixed
- How to convert object to array in Laravel 5?
- How to integrate paypal payment gateway with laravel 5.4