Codeigniter Get File Extension Before UploadBy Hardik Savani | August 16, 2019 | | 797 Viewer | Category : Codeigniter
Are you looking for codeigniter get extension of file before upload then i will help you to get file extension in codeigniter from file name. we can get file extension using pathinfo() php function.
I was new to codeigniter application. i was using codeigniter 3 version. i was doing image upload task on my project and i need to make custom name of image when you upload on my server. At that time need to get image file extension from name and then i will rename it form extension. i search a lot about to getting directly for file extension but it was not there in codeigniter docs. i thought and find way to do it using php pathinfo().
I created simple example for getting file extension in codeigniter project. so you can see both example, i hope it can help you.
$fileExt = pathinfo($_FILES["image"]["name"], PATHINFO_EXTENSION);
$fileName = $this->upload->data('image');
$fileExt = pathinfo($fileName, PATHINFO_EXTENSION);
I hope it can help you...
- How to get current month in Codeigniter?
- Codeigniter Form Validation with Error Message
- Codeigniter - add/remove multiple input fields dynamically with jquery
- Codeigniter Compress Image Size Example
- How to create custom library file in codeigniter 3?
- How to get last executed query in PHP Codeigniter?
- How to get current url with query string in codeigniter?