Which MySQL datatype use for store an IP address?By Hardik Savani | January 7, 2016 | | 798 Viewer | Category : PHP MySql
Share this post:
If you want to store IP address in mysql database then don’t mistake to use varchar datatype because you can use INT UNSIGNED 4(BYTE) datatype. using integer datatype you can save more space in database.
when you fire insert query at that time use INET_ATON() and select query at that time INET_NTOA() use. how to use this function given bellow example.
Create Table :
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `ip_addresses` (
`id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`ip_address` INT(4) UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
Insert Data :
INSERT INTO `ip_addresses` (`ip_address`) VALUES (INET_ATON("127.0.0.1"));
Select Data :
SELECT id, INET_NTOA(`ip_address`) as ip FROM `ip_addresses`;
Try this, this is a very simple.......
- How can i get the path from laravel application root?
- How to add dialog box in bootstrap?
- How to check if record exists or not in Laravel 5?
- How to get last inserted id in laravel 5?
- How to get location information from ip address in Laravel ?
- Laravel 5 - How to convert file(image, audio, video) extension using CloudConvert?
- Laravel guzzle http client POST request example
- How to add query string automatically on laravel pagination links ?