Which MySQL datatype use for store an IP address?By Hardik Savani | January 7, 2016 | | 704 Viewer | Category : PHP MySql
Share this post:
If you want to store IP address in mysql database then don’t mistake to use varchar datatype because you can use INT UNSIGNED 4(BYTE) datatype. using integer datatype you can save more space in database.
when you fire insert query at that time use INET_ATON() and select query at that time INET_NTOA() use. how to use this function given bellow example.
Create Table :
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `ip_addresses` (
`id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`ip_address` INT(4) UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
Insert Data :
INSERT INTO `ip_addresses` (`ip_address`) VALUES (INET_ATON("127.0.0.1"));
Select Data :
SELECT id, INET_NTOA(`ip_address`) as ip FROM `ip_addresses`;
Try this, this is a very simple.......
- Laravel 5.3 - image dimension validation rules example
- Laravel 5 - line chart example code using google charts API
- How to get hours difference between two dates in laravel?
- Codeigniter 3 - select2 ajax autocomplete from database example with demo
- Simple PHP Jquery Ajax CRUD(insert update delete) tutorial example with source code
- How to get site URL in Laravel 5?
- How to get user agent value in Laravel 5?
- Jquery notification popup box example using toastr JS plugin with demo