Response download with file in Laravel 5.3 exampleBy Hardik Savani | September 21, 2016 | | 7278 Viewer | Category : Laravel
Share this post:
We sometimes require to return response with download file from controller method like generate invoice and give to download or etc. Laravel 5 provide us response() with download method that way we can do it.
In First argument of download() we have to give path of download file. We can rename of download file by passing second argument of download(). We can also set headers of file by passing third argument.
In bellow example will help you how it is works.
So, first i am going to create new route for our example as like bellow:
Ok, now i have to add one method "downloadFile()" in my HomeController. If you don't have HomeController then you can use your own controller as like bellow:
class HomeController extends Controller
public function downloadFile()
$myFile = public_path("dummy_pdf.pdf");
$headers = ['Content-Type: application/pdf'];
$newName = 'itsolutionstuff-pdf-file-'.time().'.pdf';
return response()->download($myFile, $newName, $headers);
So, maybe it can help you....
- Ajax - Cross-Origin Request Blocked in Larave 5?
- How to remove all whitespace from string in JQuery?
- Laravel 5.3 - image dimension validation rules example
- How to set Datepicker in bootstrap?
- Example of unionAll in Query Builder Laravel 5
- How to remove query string from URL using JQuery
- AngularJS - convert comma separated string to array example
- How to calculate age from date of birth column in mysql?