Response download with file in Laravel 5.3 exampleBy Hardik Savani | September 21, 2016 | | 2657 Viewer | Category : Laravel
Share this post:
We sometimes require to return response with download file from controller method like generate invoice and give to download or etc. Laravel 5 provide us response() with download method that way we can do it.
In First argument of download() we have to give path of download file. We can rename of download file by passing second argument of download(). We can also set headers of file by passing third argument.
In bellow example will help you how it is works.
So, first i am going to create new route for our example as like bellow:
Ok, now i have to add one method "downloadFile()" in my HomeController. If you don't have HomeController then you can use your own controller as like bellow:
class HomeController extends Controller
public function downloadFile()
$myFile = public_path("dummy_pdf.pdf");
$headers = ['Content-Type: application/pdf'];
$newName = 'itsolutionstuff-pdf-file-'.time().'.pdf';
return response()->download($myFile, $newName, $headers);
So, maybe it can help you....
- Laravel 5 Pagination example
- How can i get the path from laravel application root?
- How to create and use Middleware in Laravel 5?
- How to set bootstrap timepicker using datetimepicker library example code
- Solve - Installation request for guzzle/guzzle in laravel
- Laravel 5 - line chart example code using google charts API
- Laravel 5 - Paypal Payment Integration example using netshell/paypal package from scratch