Response download with file in Laravel 5.3 exampleBy Hardik Savani | September 21, 2016 | | 1857 Viewer | Category : Laravel
Share this post:
We sometimes require to return response with download file from controller method like generate invoice and give to download or etc. Laravel 5 provide us response() with download method that way we can do it.
In First argument of download() we have to give path of download file. We can rename of download file by passing second argument of download(). We can also set headers of file by passing third argument.
In bellow example will help you how it is works.
So, first i am going to create new route for our example as like bellow:
Ok, now i have to add one method "downloadFile()" in my HomeController. If you don't have HomeController then you can use your own controller as like bellow:
class HomeController extends Controller
public function downloadFile()
$myFile = public_path("dummy_pdf.pdf");
$headers = ['Content-Type: application/pdf'];
$newName = 'itsolutionstuff-pdf-file-'.time().'.pdf';
return response()->download($myFile, $newName, $headers);
So, maybe it can help you....
- Solved - gulp error cannot find module laravel-elixir
- Laravel 5 Localization(trans helper) tutorial example
- Laravel 5 Google OAuth authentication using Socialite Package
- Group by year month example in Laravel 5 using Query Builder
- Laravel ajax render view with data example
- Bootstrap SweetAlert - Confirm dialog box model with yes and no option example
- Laravel 5.3 - import export csv and excel file into database
- How to solve - This cache store does not support tagging?