Response download with file in Laravel 5.3 exampleBy Hardik Savani | September 21, 2016 | | 30499 Viewer | Category : Laravel
We sometimes require to return response with download file from controller method like generate invoice and give to download or etc. Laravel 5 provide us response() with download method that way we can do it.
In First argument of download() we have to give path of download file. We can rename of download file by passing second argument of download(). We can also set headers of file by passing third argument.
In bellow example will help you how it is works.
So, first i am going to create new route for our example as like bellow:
Ok, now i have to add one method "downloadFile()" in my HomeController. If you don't have HomeController then you can use your own controller as like bellow:
class HomeController extends Controller
public function downloadFile()
$myFile = public_path("dummy_pdf.pdf");
$headers = ['Content-Type: application/pdf'];
$newName = 'itsolutionstuff-pdf-file-'.time().'.pdf';
return response()->download($myFile, $newName, $headers);
So, maybe it can help you....
- Laravel after login, redirect back to previous url ?
- How to increase upload file size limit PHP in Ubuntu?
- How to check table is exists or not in Laravel 5?
- Which MySQL datatype use for store an IP address?
- Laravel 5 email verification with activation code example
- Laravel notification message popup using toastr js plugin
- How to implement infinite ajax scroll pagination in Laravel 5?
- AngularJS - How to Limit String Length using Filter?