Response download with file in Laravel 5.3 exampleBy Hardik Savani | September 21, 2016 | | 38048 Viewer | Category : Laravel
We sometimes require to return response with download file from controller method like generate invoice and give to download or etc. Laravel 5 provide us response() with download method that way we can do it.
In First argument of download() we have to give path of download file. We can rename of download file by passing second argument of download(). We can also set headers of file by passing third argument.
In bellow example will help you how it is works.
So, first i am going to create new route for our example as like bellow:
Ok, now i have to add one method "downloadFile()" in my HomeController. If you don't have HomeController then you can use your own controller as like bellow:
class HomeController extends Controller
public function downloadFile()
$myFile = public_path("dummy_pdf.pdf");
$headers = ['Content-Type: application/pdf'];
$newName = 'itsolutionstuff-pdf-file-'.time().'.pdf';
return response()->download($myFile, $newName, $headers);
So, maybe it can help you....
- Laravel 5 - Grayscale Image Generate Example from scratch
- GROUP_CONCAT with different SEPARATOR in laravel Example
- Jquery - Show hide password in Password textbox using checkbox.
- How to prevent submit form on enter key except textarea in JQuery?
- PHP AngularJS CRUD with Search and Pagination Example From Scratch
- PHP MySQL contact us form with validation using Bootstrap
- How to increase upload file size limit PHP in Ubuntu?
- How to change Bootstrap Datepicker with specific date format?