Response download with file in Laravel 5.3 exampleBy Hardik Savani | September 21, 2016 | | 13879 Viewer | Category : Laravel
Share this post:
We sometimes require to return response with download file from controller method like generate invoice and give to download or etc. Laravel 5 provide us response() with download method that way we can do it.
In First argument of download() we have to give path of download file. We can rename of download file by passing second argument of download(). We can also set headers of file by passing third argument.
In bellow example will help you how it is works.
So, first i am going to create new route for our example as like bellow:
Ok, now i have to add one method "downloadFile()" in my HomeController. If you don't have HomeController then you can use your own controller as like bellow:
class HomeController extends Controller
public function downloadFile()
$myFile = public_path("dummy_pdf.pdf");
$headers = ['Content-Type: application/pdf'];
$newName = 'itsolutionstuff-pdf-file-'.time().'.pdf';
return response()->download($myFile, $newName, $headers);
So, maybe it can help you....
- How to get product using rakuten marketing api in PHP?
- Laravel 5 - Implement Flash Messages with example
- How to check table is exists or not in Laravel 5?
- Laravel 5 Localization(trans helper) tutorial example
- AngularJS - How to call function on page load example with demo?
- How to get size of directory in MB Laravel 5?
- How to use login throttle in laravel 5?
- Laravel 5 - generate PDF from html view file and download using dompdf