PHP: How to count files in folder?By Hardik Savani | February 4, 2016 | | 1128 Viewer | Category : PHP
Share this post:
In PHP, you are work on php and you want to need display count number of files in specific folder then you do, glob() through you count number of file are there in specified folder. now in following example you can see "/var/www/test" in this folder, count how many files are there in that folder. glob function take a two argument first one for directory or folder path and second argument for filter. Filter means if you pass '*' then it will count all type of file, i mean all extension, but if you need to count just text file then you can put like '*.txt'.
That't it, if in your directory, function does not find any file then it will always return "false". you can check following example and try that...
$folderPath = '/var/www/test';
$file = glob($folderPath . '*');
$countFile = 0;
if ($file != false)
$countFile = count($file);
- Codeigniter Angularjs http post not working
- How to solve 'There are no commands defined in the "cashier" namespace' in Laravel 5
- How to add text on image in laravel 5?
- How to change app version code in Ionic framework
- How to uninstall cordova and ionic in ubuntu
- Laravel 5 - create quick backend admin panel tutorial
- Laravel 5 Facebook authentication using Socialite Package
- How to check file size when select multiple file validation using Jquery?