PHP: How to count files in folder?By Hardik Savani | February 4, 2016 | | 1467 Viewer | Category : PHP
Share this post:
In PHP, you are work on php and you want to need display count number of files in specific folder then you do, glob() through you count number of file are there in specified folder. now in following example you can see "/var/www/test" in this folder, count how many files are there in that folder. glob function take a two argument first one for directory or folder path and second argument for filter. Filter means if you pass '*' then it will count all type of file, i mean all extension, but if you need to count just text file then you can put like '*.txt'.
That't it, if in your directory, function does not find any file then it will always return "false". you can check following example and try that...
$folderPath = '/var/www/test';
$file = glob($folderPath . '*');
$countFile = 0;
if ($file != false)
$countFile = count($file);
- Dynamic Autocomplete search using Bootstrap Typeahead JS Example
- Laravel 5 Facebook authentication using Socialite Package
- Jquery notification popup box example using toastr JS plugin with demo
- Laravel 5 - GEO chart example and demo using lavacharts package
- How to add ckeditor with image upload in Laravel ?
- How to remove query string from URL using JQuery
- Bootstrap form validation example with demo using validator.js plugin
- How to store all record in laravel5 Cache