PHP: How to count files in folder?By Hardik Savani | February 4, 2016 | | 4676 Viewer | Category : PHP
In PHP, you are work on php and you want to need display count number of files in specific folder then you do, glob() through you count number of file are there in specified folder. now in following example you can see "/var/www/test" in this folder, count how many files are there in that folder. glob function take a two argument first one for directory or folder path and second argument for filter. Filter means if you pass '*' then it will count all type of file, i mean all extension, but if you need to count just text file then you can put like '*.txt'.
That't it, if in your directory, function does not find any file then it will always return "false". you can check following example and try that...
$folderPath = '/var/www/test';
$file = glob($folderPath . '*');
$countFile = 0;
if ($file != false)
$countFile = count($file);
- Codeigniter 3 - select2 ajax autocomplete from database example with demo
- Mysql Hexadecimal color code store in binary datatype.
- How to solve - This cache store does not support tagging?
- Example of trigger on after delete with update query mysql
- How to convert one time zone to anothor time zone
- AngularJS Ajax Autocomplete Using Typeahead in PHP Example
- Laravel 5 Pagination example
- How to get minimum key value of array in PHP?