PHP: How to count files in folder?By Hardik Savani | February 4, 2016 | | 3948 Viewer | Category : PHP
In PHP, you are work on php and you want to need display count number of files in specific folder then you do, glob() through you count number of file are there in specified folder. now in following example you can see "/var/www/test" in this folder, count how many files are there in that folder. glob function take a two argument first one for directory or folder path and second argument for filter. Filter means if you pass '*' then it will count all type of file, i mean all extension, but if you need to count just text file then you can put like '*.txt'.
That't it, if in your directory, function does not find any file then it will always return "false". you can check following example and try that...
$folderPath = '/var/www/test';
$file = glob($folderPath . '*');
$countFile = 0;
if ($file != false)
$countFile = count($file);
- How to push item to 0 index or first of $scope object in AngularJS?
- Laravel 5 - Dynamic Dependant Select Box using JQuery Ajax Example - Part 1
- Mailgun setup with Laravel 5 example
- How to set config file value in Laravel 5?
- How to get last inserted id in laravel 5?
- Simple PHP Jquery Ajax CRUD(insert update delete) tutorial example with source code
- Laravel 5 - Barcode generator example using milon/barcode package
- Laravel 5 - user prevent common passwords using laravel-password package