PHP: How to count files in folder?By Hardik Savani | February 4, 2016 | | 2751 Viewer | Category : PHP
In PHP, you are work on php and you want to need display count number of files in specific folder then you do, glob() through you count number of file are there in specified folder. now in following example you can see "/var/www/test" in this folder, count how many files are there in that folder. glob function take a two argument first one for directory or folder path and second argument for filter. Filter means if you pass '*' then it will count all type of file, i mean all extension, but if you need to count just text file then you can put like '*.txt'.
That't it, if in your directory, function does not find any file then it will always return "false". you can check following example and try that...
$folderPath = '/var/www/test';
$file = glob($folderPath . '*');
$countFile = 0;
if ($file != false)
$countFile = count($file);
- How to get current year rows using MySql Query PHP?
- Jquery tooltip example code with demo using Jquery UI
- Select box with search option example in Jquery using Chosen Plugin
- How to implement Email Verification with Activation Code example from Scratch in Laravel 5.2 ?
- Example of Cron Job in Laravel 5
- Custom User Log Activity in Laravel 5 App Example
- How to implement infinite ajax scroll pagination in Laravel 5?
- How to check if record exists or not in Laravel 5?