PHP - Getting Started PHPUnit test with simple exampleBy Hardik Savani | February 12, 2017 | | 3976 Viewer | Category : PHP
PHPUnit is a one type of unit testing framework for PHP language. In todays PHPUnit is very popular for testing. Most of site owner want to implement PHPUnit test because that way we can simply test using command. Without testing our website will never be good to publish. But if you don't know about PHPUnit and no idea how to start so just follow bellow example for scratch.
I will give you very simple example of PHPUnit and how it works from scratch. I make quick easy example with phpunit command. We have to create two file like as listed bellow:
Before start example make sure you have installed PHP. So you have to just follow bellow files to complete example.
php phpunit.phar --version
Create MyTest.php File
public function add($a, $b)
return $a + $b;
Create MyTestTests.php File
class MyTestTests extends TestCase
protected function setUp()
$this->mytest = new MyTest();
protected function tearDown()
$this->mytest = NULL;
public function testAdd()
$result = $this->mytest->add(1, 3);
Now we are ready to run bellow simple example by following example:
php phpunit.phar MyTestTests.php
You will be find this way result:
I hope it can help you...
- How to get logged in user data in Laravel 5?
- How to get days difference between two dates in laravel?
- How to solve - This cache store does not support tagging?
- How to set Datepicker in bootstrap?
- How to check table is exists or not in Laravel 5?
- How to get file size from URL in Laravel 5?
- PHP MySQL contact us form with validation using Bootstrap
- How to set ANDROID_HOME environment variable in ubuntu?