PHP - Getting Started PHPUnit test with simple exampleBy Hardik Savani | February 12, 2017 | | 1966 Viewer | Category : PHP
Share this post:
PHPUnit is a one type of unit testing framework for PHP language. In todays PHPUnit is very popular for testing. Most of site owner want to implement PHPUnit test because that way we can simply test using command. Without testing our website will never be good to publish. But if you don't know about PHPUnit and no idea how to start so just follow bellow example for scratch.
I will give you very simple example of PHPUnit and how it works from scratch. I make quick easy example with phpunit command. We have to create two file like as listed bellow:
Before start example make sure you have installed PHP. So you have to just follow bellow files to complete example.
php phpunit.phar --version
Create MyTest.php File
public function add($a, $b)
return $a + $b;
Create MyTestTests.php File
class MyTestTests extends TestCase
protected function setUp()
$this->mytest = new MyTest();
protected function tearDown()
$this->mytest = NULL;
public function testAdd()
$result = $this->mytest->add(1, 3);
Now we are ready to run bellow simple example by following example:
php phpunit.phar MyTestTests.php
You will be find this way result:
I hope it can help you...
- JQuery - Delete confirm modal using bootbox example
- How to integrate google map using gmaps.js in php example?
- Laravel 5 File(Image) Upload Example with Validation
- How to make simple dependent dropdown using jquery ajax in Laravel 5?
- How to get current url path example in Jquery?
- Laravel 5 json response from controller example
- How to create a text file for JSON and file download in Laravel 5?
- How to add charts in Laravel 5 using Highcharts ?