Mysql Hexadecimal color code store in binary datatype.By Hardik Savani | January 7, 2016 | | 1109 Viewer | Category : PHP MySql
Share this post:
If you have thousands of record store, that time database size would be large. but you can some field can save your number of bites in the database.
you have color field then most of you choose string(6) data type and you wast 6 bites on every record, but you can save number of bites data by using BINARY(3) data type. following example through you can set data type for hexa color code with only allocate binary(3) on every records. first how to create table and assign data type with following query.
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `colors` (
`id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`color_name` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
`color` BINARY(3) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
when you want to insert then data at that time with using UNHEX() that function would convert in small size.
INSERT INTO `colors` (color_name, color) VALUES ('Green',UNHEX('f2a709'));
when you fetch or select all the records at that using HEX() that function would convert hexadecimal color code with full size.
SELECT color_name ,HEX(color) AS color FROM `colors`;
Try this and save db size......
- How to get latitude longitude from mysql in laravel 5?
- Laravel 5 - generate PDF from html view file and download using dompdf
- PHP - Capture screenshot of website from URL example
- How to generate route with query string parameter in Laravel 5?
- How to count number of files in directory PHP?
- Select box with search option example in Jquery using Chosen Plugin
- Laravel 5 select with count query with group by example
- Laravel 5 - Implementing datatables tutorial using yajra package