Laravel 5.5 group by doesn't work - fixedBy Hardik Savani | September 22, 2017 | | 21665 Viewer | Category : PHP Laravel
Someday ago i just installed laravel 5.5 application and i was checking new feature and making some examples. But i was working on database query builder example one by one, i got following error when i used group by on single column.
My query was like as bellow example, so you can see on database query i simple get all users and group by with name. So, let's simply see how it is:
$users = DB::table("users")
But when i run above query using database query builder i got following error, as you can see:
SQLSTATE: Syntax error or access violation: 1055 'laravel_test.users.id' isn't in GROUP BY (SQL: select * from `users` group by `name`)
I was thinking what is the issue because without group by it was working, but at last i found it how to solve it So we have to simply "strict" mode make it true into false in database.php file. So let's do it as bellow:
'strict' => true,
'strict' => false,
After that i hope you found your solution.
- How to use groupby having with DB::raw in Laravel Query Builder?
- Group by year month example in Laravel 5 using Query Builder
- How to group by multiple columns in Laravel Query Builder?
- Laravel 5 select with count query with group by example
- Laravel 5 Join with subquery in Query Builder Example
- GROUP_CONCAT with different SEPARATOR in laravel Example