Laravel 5 - login with username or email exampleBy Hardik Savani | July 6, 2017 | | 7126 Viewer | Category : Laravel
Today, we will learn how to allow login with username or email in laravel 5 application. If you see on some website, they allow email or username both for login or email, username, mobile no, id etc. i mean they provide several way for login.
In this example, you can learn how to make it possible to username or email for login in php laravel 5. we have to simply use PHP filter "FILTER_VALIDATE_EMAIL" to validate is it username or email So, basically you have to write your login method like as bellow i gave you example:
Let's see bellow example and put it on your login method.
public function login(Request $request)
$field = filter_var($request->usernameOrEmail, FILTER_VALIDATE_EMAIL) ? 'email' : 'username';
$request->merge([$field => $request->usernameOrEmail]);
if (auth()->attempt($request->only($field, 'password')))
'error' => 'These credentials do not match our records.',
As you can see above code, it is very simple and we can use it simply. So, use it.
I hope it can help you...
- Mediafire PHP file uploading and get link example
- How to get gravatar image from email using Jquery?
- How to get last executed mysql query in laravel ?
- Full Text Search in Laravel 5 Example
- Laravel 5.5 Simple CMS Website example using asgardcms
- How to use DB transactions in laravel 5?
- Laravel 5 - Google reCaptcha code and Validation example using anhskohbo/no-captcha package
- How to change date format in jquery using moment JS ?