Laravel 5 - login with username or email exampleBy Hardik Savani | July 6, 2017 | | 9431 Viewer | Category : Laravel
Today, we will learn how to allow login with username or email in laravel 5 application. If you see on some website, they allow email or username both for login or email, username, mobile no, id etc. i mean they provide several way for login.
In this example, you can learn how to make it possible to username or email for login in php laravel 5. we have to simply use PHP filter "FILTER_VALIDATE_EMAIL" to validate is it username or email So, basically you have to write your login method like as bellow i gave you example:
Let's see bellow example and put it on your login method.
public function login(Request $request)
$field = filter_var($request->usernameOrEmail, FILTER_VALIDATE_EMAIL) ? 'email' : 'username';
$request->merge([$field => $request->usernameOrEmail]);
if (auth()->attempt($request->only($field, 'password')))
'error' => 'These credentials do not match our records.',
As you can see above code, it is very simple and we can use it simply. So, use it.
I hope it can help you...
- Laravel 5 - How to create custom error page with example
- Solved - opencart this merchant is not enabled for auth/settle
- How to get product using rakuten marketing api in PHP?
- How to check request is Ajax or not in Laravel 5?
- How to create laravel 5 widgets ?
- How to get url segment in Laravel 5?
- Solved - Access Not Configured. Google+ API (truncated...) on google console developer
- How to create responsive menu in html/PHP ?