Laravel 5 - login with username or email exampleBy Hardik Savani | July 6, 2017 | | 3361 Viewer | Category : Laravel
Today, we will learn how to allow login with username or email in laravel 5 application. If you see on some website, they allow email or username both for login or email, username, mobile no, id etc. i mean they provide several way for login.
In this example, you can learn how to make it possible to username or email for login in php laravel 5. we have to simply use PHP filter "FILTER_VALIDATE_EMAIL" to validate is it username or email So, basically you have to write your login method like as bellow i gave you example:
Let's see bellow example and put it on your login method.
public function login(Request $request)
$field = filter_var($request->usernameOrEmail, FILTER_VALIDATE_EMAIL) ? 'email' : 'username';
$request->merge([$field => $request->usernameOrEmail]);
if (auth()->attempt($request->only($field, 'password')))
'error' => 'These credentials do not match our records.',
As you can see above code, it is very simple and we can use it simply. So, use it.
I hope it can help you...
- Laravel 5 query builder where exists example
- How to implement flash messages in PHP Codeigniter?
- Bootstrap - Input multiple tags example using Tag Manager Jquery Plugin
- Laravel 5.3 - Form Input Validation rules example with demo
- Laravel 5.3 - Call to undefined method Illuminate\Database\Query\Builder::lists() Solved
- How to group by multiple columns in Laravel Query Builder?
- How to quick run laravel project?
- How to get size of directory in MB Laravel 5?