Laravel 5 database backup using Laravel Backup PackageBy Hardik Savani | March 28, 2016 | | 4958 Viewer | Category : Laravel
Share this post:
In this post, i want to show you how to take database backup using Laravel backup package. this package will provide command to take backup from your live server and that command you can use in crontab file on server, that way you can get backup daily on every hourly etc as you want. Database backup is very important for your projects.
This is a proper example and very simple way to use. in this example you can download mysql database backup using laravel backup package. one more thing this will work if you have php 5.5.9 or higher and Laravel 5.1.20 or higher. so let's start from install "Laravel Backup" package.
composer require spatie/laravel-backup
Now open config/app.php file and add service provider.
'providers' => [
Publish Config File
following command through you can create publish config file for laravel backup package. after fire this command you can see one file app/config/laravel-backup.php and you can change your own setting.
php artisan vendor:publish --provider="Spatie\Backup\BackupServiceProvider"
Ok, now we are ready to take a mysql database or PostgreSQL backup from using bellow command.
php artisan backup:run
At last you can find file storage/app/backupfile in your storage directory. in that folder store all backups date-time wise will save. above command you can add on your server cronbob file.
- PHP - How to Convert file(image, audio, video) extension using CloudConvert API?
- Laravel 5 Ajax CRUD with Pagination example and demo from scratch
- How to clear log file using command in laravel 5 ?
- AngularJS - convert comma separated string to array example
- How to copy to clipboard without flash in AngularJS ?
- Jquery tooltip example code with demo using Jquery UI
- Laravel 5 - like query example using eloquent where clause.
- How to check if record exists or not in Laravel 5?