How to get last inserted id in Codeigniter?By Hardik Savani | February 28, 2017 | | 1091 Viewer | Category : MySql Codeigniter
Share this post:
Sometimes, we require to get last insert record id from database in controller, so in this example we will learn how to get last inserted row id in Codeigniter 3 project.
It's very often need to get last insert id in programming field, if you are working on Codeigniter framework and you want to fetch last created id, i mean max id, then you do easily.Codeigniter provide method insert_id() to get last inserted id.
insert_id() is function of "db" library. db library provides several function for connecting database task. insert_id() will return id of last inserted record. So here i give controller method so you can understand how it is working.
$input = ['name'=>'Test', 'description'=>'This is Test'];
$insertId = $this->db->insert_id();
As above example you can get simply last inserted row id using "insert_id()", So let's use this way.
I hope it can help you...
- Codeigniter 3 - Generate PDF from view using dompdf library with example
- Codeigniter 3 - CRUD(Create, Read, Update and Delete) using JQuery Ajax, Bootstrap, Models and MySQL
- Codeigniter 3 - select2 ajax autocomplete from database example with demo
- How to get last inserted id in laravel 5?
- How to get last executed mysql query in laravel ?
- Laravel 5 - "syntax error or access violation 1055 in group by" Solved
- How to get current month records in Laravel 5?
- Laravel 5 login with Linkedin using Socialite Package
- Example of trigger on after delete with update query mysql
- Laravel 5 Ajax CRUD with Pagination example and demo from scratch
- Jquery - Show hide password in Password textbox using checkbox.
- How to disable model timestamps in Laravel 5.3?
- Laravel where clause with date_format() example