How to get last inserted id in Codeigniter?By Hardik Savani | February 28, 2017 | | 3520 Viewer | Category : MySql Codeigniter
Sometimes, we require to get last insert record id from database in controller, so in this example we will learn how to get last inserted row id in Codeigniter 3 project.
It's very often need to get last insert id in programming field, if you are working on Codeigniter framework and you want to fetch last created id, i mean max id, then you do easily.Codeigniter provide method insert_id() to get last inserted id.
insert_id() is function of "db" library. db library provides several function for connecting database task. insert_id() will return id of last inserted record. So here i give controller method so you can understand how it is working.
$input = ['name'=>'Test', 'description'=>'This is Test'];
$insertId = $this->db->insert_id();
As above example you can get simply last inserted row id using "insert_id()", So let's use this way.
I hope it can help you...
- Codeigniter 3 - Generate PDF from view using dompdf library with example
- Codeigniter 3 - CRUD(Create, Read, Update and Delete) using JQuery Ajax, Bootstrap, Models and MySQL
- Codeigniter 3 - select2 ajax autocomplete from database example with demo
- How to get last inserted id in laravel 5?
- How to get last executed mysql query in laravel ?
- How to get hours difference between two dates in laravel?
- How to check column exists or not in table Laravel 5
- How to send mail using zoho smtp server in PHP Laravel?
- How to copy to clipboard without flash in AngularJS ?
- Laravel 5 - Dynamic Dependant Select Box using JQuery Ajax Example - Part 1
- How to get current month data in MySql PHP ?
- How to create custom scrollbar using jquery mcustomscrollbar plugin ?
- Laravel 5 Join with subquery in Query Builder Example