How to get filename from file path in MySQL?By Hardik Savani | November 30, 2016 | | 1605 Viewer | Category : PHP MySql
Share this post:
Sometimes we require to get filenames from path of table column in MySQL. If you are working on PHP then you can simply use basename() pre-define function of code PHP, But in MySQL you can't use basename() in select query. This mysql function you can use in code PHP, PHP framework like laravel, codeigniter etc.
However, you can get simply filename or image name from path using SUBSTRING_INDEX() of MySQL. You can extract filename from path using substring_index(), substring_index() take three argument, first for column name, second for split string chat, and third get last element from split. So you can simply use. I am going to give you simply example for getting filenames from path or url.
In this example i have "categories" table with six columns i also added some dummy data on table as listed bellow :
Ok, now i have image column with full path of image, we require only get name of image not path so run bellow mysql query using substring_index().
SELECT id, name, SUBSTRING_INDEX(image, '/', -1) FROM `categories`
After this, you will see output like as bellow screen shot:
I hope it can help you....
- How to create Pagination using dirPagination directive in Angularjs example with demo ?
- Laravel 5 Join with subquery in Query Builder Example
- How to create custom facade in laravel 5.2?
- PHP - How to make dependent dropdown list using jquery Ajax?
- Laravel - How to make subquery in select statement?
- How to use bootstrap colorpicker example code
- laravel 5 change date format using carbon example
- How can i print php variable in jquery?